Additional information available on the Certified Dietary Manager Training Program Department website.
Offers education, training, and supervised experience to competently perform the responsibilities of a Certified Dietary Manager, Certified Food Protection Professional (CDM®, CFPP®) in healthcare and long-term care facilities, school districts and correctional institutions. Emphasizes the fundamentals of nutrition, foodservice, personnel and communications, sanitation and safety, and business operations in a foodservice department. Upon successful completion of the program individuals will be eligible to take the Certified Dietary Manager, Certified Food Protection Professional (CDM®, CFPP®) national examination from the Certifying Board of Dietary Managers (CBDM) and the Association of Nutrition and Foodservice Professionals (ANFP).
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) certificate program, students should be able to:
- Provide optimal nutrition services to patients or residents as a member of the nutrition care team
- Coordinate the service of food and nourishments among various departments such as dining and nursing
- Oversee food safety, inventory, and ordering of food, equipment, and supplies
- Arrange for the routine maintenance and upkeep of the foodservice equipment and facilities
- Coordinate all administrative and human resource functions of the foodservice department