The Hospitality AGS degree will prepare the student to both enter the hospitality industry while also completing courses that transfer toward a Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management at a four-year university. Students will learn skills in business, customer service, operations, supervision, event planning, marketing, accounting, revenue and facility management.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Hospitality program, students should be able to:
- Employ inventory management, purchasing and costing
- Identify the steps for planning and managing various events
- Develop business writing and oral communication reports
- Identify how multiple departments coordinate and interact for optimal results within a property
- Solve hospitality accounting tasks, to include revenue management analysis
- Describe, explain, and identify the facility management of varied departments within multiple types of hospitality establishments
- 60 credit hours minimum of course work.
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.0 (a C average).
- Students must take the courses designated for the AGS/HOS degree plan. Exceptions must be approved by the department chair.