Additional information available on the Radio & Television Department website.
Recommended basic skills courses are
The AAS degree in RTV will prepare you to enter the television, radio and online content creation industries. In addition to course work, and to enhance the learning process, you will also complete internships at local broadcast and/or video production facilities. When you successfully complete the AAS degree in RTV you may be employed as an announcer, producer, director, writer, multimedia journalist, board operator or in a number of other non-broadcast occupations such as audio or video production.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Radio & Television program, students should be able to:
- Produce and direct live television programs including: News segments, interview shows, Sports updates, and Weathercasts
- Produce, shoot, and edit: television commercials, silent films, and institutional videos
- Produce and record radio: promotions, news updates, commercials, and regular airtime
- Operate necessary production equipment
- Write effective scripts for a multitude of productions, from commercials to newscasts
- Work in, and foster, a cooperative, team environment
Content criteria, competencies, and student learning outcomes associated with the general education courses required for this degree can be found on the Colorado Department of Higher Education website.