Additional information available on the Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology Department website.
Recommended basic skills courses are
This program prepares students to enter the heating, air conditioning and refrigeration field. This field of work involves different trade disciplines. The two-year program of core courses trains students in residential and commercial heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration. The emphasis will be on the servicing and maintenance of equipment found in residences, commercial buildings, and large facilities.
The AAS degree should enhance students’ initial entry placement and better prepare them for upward mobility within any of the three option areas.
All students should schedule advising appointments with the Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration program advisor before enrolling in classes.
For success in this program the faculty recommends proficiency in math, reading and English.
Students may wish to attend summer classes to fulfill their general education course requirements, thereby reducing their fall and spring semester loads.
Students may complete deficiencies concurrently with the beginning courses in the program. Students not meeting a course prerequisite must have instructor permission to enroll.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology program, students should be able to:
- Identify problems in the operation of commercial and residential heating electro-mechanical systems
- Measure, calculate and interpret a wide range of commercial and residential refrigeration systems
- Follow safety policies and procedures related to the HVAC field
- Troubleshoot commercial and residential heating electromechanical systems
- Interpret, analyze and evaluate the proper operation of commercial Air Conditioning roof top equipment
Content criteria, competencies, and student learning outcomes associated with the general education courses required for this degree can be found on the Colorado Department of Higher Education website.