Additional information available on the Computer Science Department website.
Recommended basic skills courses are
This program prepares students for transfer to a four-year school to obtain a baccalaureate degree. Individual courses are needed by students who wish to use the computer to solve problems in engineering, mathematics, sciences, and social sciences leading toward careers in telecommunications, computer design, and computer applications within various science and engineering fields. These courses are also of interest to people who are striving to master their personal computers.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Computer Science program, students should be able to:
- Discuss ways in which technology and computers impacts individuals and society
- Compare and contrast PC hardware and software systems as an informed consumer
- Install and configure computer software/hardware programs
- Use a computer operating system to manage files, folders and drives
- Search the internet for personal, academic and business use
- Use various communication tools for personal, academic and business purpose
- Use writing, financial/statistical, presentation and data collecting/organization tools
Content criteria, competencies, and student learning outcomes associated with the general education courses required for this degree can be found on the Colorado Department of Higher Education website.
Full list of requirements can be found at Associate of Science Degrees, AS .